View All Career Opportunities
Miami/ Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
Our client is a well-established Financial Institution based in sunny South Florida. The Director of Accounting will be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the organization’s accounting principles, practices, and procedures. The position reports directly to the Corporate CFO.
Experience: 10+ years
Education: Bachelors degree
- Manage the activities of the Accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to internal and external monthly financial statements.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company’s value.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual financial board reports, reviews and supervision of regularly.
- Maintain the general ledger and supervise the preparation of audited financial statements for all companies.
- Acts as liaison with external auditors, and assesses the accounting principles used by auditors.
- 10 + years of progressive corporate accounting background. Public/ private mix preferred with financial services working knowledge.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant, MBA a plus